disclaimer; if you go on a night out with me and i have a little blue olympus camera with me, it is more than likely your mug (or fat head, slapsy) will end up on this blog.

09 November, 2006

Syd-en-ey

'there's no place in the world like sydney'. well, they got that wrong. there is a place like sydney, it's called melbourne. if i wanted crap weather, i would've stayed home. it rained from when we arrived until when we left. don't get me wrong, we had a fantasic time regardless. except for the flights that is. i don't fly well, i know i shouldn't watch 'air crash investigations' but i am but a moth drawn to a flame. i was convinced i heard one of the engines cut out at one point; although it didn't seem to disturb hubby's nap.

after much deliberation, we decided to look after tate on friday while mike & dell worked. i was a bit scared of losing him or setting fire to him or something but he was a little angel-face.

watching 'garfield 2' at the moofies and stuffing his face with popcorn.

topped off by lunch at the 'sushi train'. spoit litte rat.


the absolute, most-definate, unquestionable highlight of the trip was (apart from a little goodnight crotch kiss mishap by tate) the priscilla drag show at the imperial hotel ('a straight-friendly gay nightclub'). apart from a superb show with sparkles and glitter everywhere, we discovered that hubby is apparently quite appealing to the patrons of this particular hotel. sis and i got endless hours of amusement pinching him on the backside. needless to say, he was very skittish and had a mild case of whiplash by the time we left.

and now comes the time i inflict a few cute photo's on you for no apparent reason.

i felt a bit mean laughing at her the whole time but she didn't have a clue.

tate's first day at little nipples, um, i mean nippers.

cuteness at it's finest.

a look of complete adoration, you have a lot of ground to make up afe.

they tried their hardest to escape me but i tracked them down at the local.

4 Comments:

Blogger Moa-Lisa said...

"They grow so quickly, don't they ... If I were there I'd do a bit of mix and stir with the gender roles though. I reckon Tate would look lovely in a pink dress (which he might want to wear if you take him to see the same show you guys saw) and Mieke, I'm sure, would be a great football player", says the Swedish feminist who really wishes she had been there in Sydney with you ... I miss you guys!

1:11 am

 
Blogger Dandillian said...

miss you too! see you in hawaii? :)

6:35 pm

 
Blogger Moa-Lisa Björk said...

Hawaii? You never call me ... so I know nooothing ... And when I called you Saturday night, you just hung up on me ...

6:49 pm

 
Blogger Moa-Lisa said...

How do you make that link-thing happening? When you write "afe" and then there's a link to his blog? I've tried to do that before, but I just can't figure it out ...

10:56 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home